1. There are NO REFUNDS on any ticket, gift voucher or product except as required by law, however tickets are transferable to another event if the Sit Down Comedy Club Box Office is notified within 2 days after the event.
2. Sit Down Comedy Club Gift Vouchers can only be used for shows at The Paddo Tavern. Sit Down Comedy Club Gift Vouchers are not redeemable for cash; and cannot be resold.
3. Keep all tickets and/or gift vouchers in a safe place and safeguard them as you would money or regular tickets. Unauthorised duplication or sale of a ticket or gift voucher may prevent your admittance to the event.
4. Every patron must have a valid ticket to be admitted for entry. Multiple copies of a ticket or gift voucher will not allow multiple entries to the event. Do not buy a Sit Down Comedy Club ticket or gift voucher from a source other than The Sit Down Comedy Club otherwise, you will not be able to verify if it is legitimate or an unauthorised copy. In the event that duplicate copies of a ticket appear, the venue or promoter reserves the right to refuse entry to ALL ticket holders; and/or cancel ALL tickets purchased.
5. Gift Vouchers can be redeemed via www.standup.com.au; or by calling the Sit Down Comedy Club Box Office on 07 3369 4466 - when making your booking, please indicate that a Gift Voucher is being used.
6. The right of admission is reserved by the box office staff at the venue.
7. Management has the right to refuse admission to anyone deemed to be intoxicated. Any patron disrupting the show will be asked to leave and no refunds on tickets will be given.
8. No admittance to persons under the age of 18 years of age. ID must be presented on request.
9. Patrons who purchased discount tickets (such as student, pensioner, and concession) will only be admitted upon presentation of corresponding ID on the night of the performance. Failure to produce appropriate ID may result in the patron being charged full price for their ticket.
10. Latecomers will not be admitted until there is a convenient break in the program, if at all, and admission is at the discretion of the box office personnel on the night of the performance.
11. Tickets will only be issued upon receipt of full payment.
12. The Sit Down Comedy Club assumes no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in transmission, or line failure and reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and to vary the program should the need arise.
13. The use of cameras or recording equipment is strictly forbidden at all Sit Down Comedy Club performances.
14. Tickets are a Tax Invoice. The total price displayed on a ticket includes GST if applicable.
15. By clicking the “Complete Order” button, you are agreeing to all terms and conditions of sale, including the refund and exchanges sections. All orders are subject to credit card approval and billing address verification.
16. In line with State Government legislation, patrons arriving at the venue at any time prior to 1:00AM AEST, THURSDAY 14 APRIL 2022 agree to check in to the venue upon arrival via the official Queensland Government ‘Check-In QLD’ application. If patrons do not have access to the official Queensland Government ‘Check-In QLD’ application, they agree to provide their contact details, including mobile phone number, email or residential address; and the contact phone number and residential address of any accompanying group members to Paddo Tavern staff in order to be admitted for entry. All physical copies of contact details, along with seating allocations, will be kept at the venue for 56 days from the day of the performance.
17. Patrons acknowledge the venue may be required by law to provide contact information to public health officers on request.
18. The Venue will not share patron contact information with any third party other than the relevant health authority; and will not use the information for promotional purposes.
19. Patrons must not attend if they have COVID-19 related symptoms; have been in close contact with a person who is COVID-19 positive; have travelled overseas or to a COVID-19 hotspot in the past 14 days; or are COVID-19 positive.
20. Patrons must not attend if they are required to self-isolate and the event falls within the isolation period.
21. Patrons agree to abide by all social distancing and health protocols; and agree to follow the directions of venue staff at all times.
22. If patrons do not comply with protocols or authorised requests when on the venue premises they may be asked to leave immediately without refund or further recourse.
23. Refunds or exchange of tickets will be available to any customer who is required to self-isolate (due to being a confirmed case or a close contact of a confirmed case) and the event falls within the isolation period.
24. Seating will be allocated by the venue based on the size of the group and venue configuration, to allow compliance with social distancing requirements.
25. Patrons acknowledge that while the venue has taken all reasonable precautions to keep the audience, staff and performers safe, patrons enter the venue at their own risk without recourse to claim against the venue regarding health outcomes.
26. Under the Queensland Government’s Health Direction, from 17 DECEMBER 2021 until 1:00AM AEST, 14 APRIL 2022, only fully vaccinated people or persons that have evidence of vaccination exemption on genuine medical grounds, will be permitted entry to The Sit Down Comedy Club.
27. The Queensland Government requires The Sit Down Comedy Club to check proof of vaccination; or evidence of vaccination exemption on genuine medical grounds from all guests when entering events at our venues between 17 DECEMBER 2021 until 1:00AM AEST, 14 APRIL 2022 inclusive.
28. The Direction provides that proof (printed or electronic) of COVID-19 vaccination; or evidence of vaccination exemption on genuine medical grounds includes:
- written confirmation of COVID-19 vaccination provided to the person as part of the vaccination process such as a record of vaccine card; or
- vaccination information displayed on the Check in Qld app; or
- a COVID-19 digital certificate or printed vaccination certificate from the Australian Immunisation Register; or
- an online or printed immunisation history statement for COVID-19 vaccination, including confirmation of a medical contraindication; or
- an International COVID-19 Vaccination Certificate.
29. Any person who cannot or refuses to provide evidence of vaccination or vaccination exemption on genuine medical grounds will be refused entry to the Sit Down Comedy Club and asked to leave the premises. If the person refuses to the leave the premises, the police will be called.
30. If you hold a ticket to a performance/show/event on or between 17 December 2021 and 13 April 2022 inclusive, and you are not fully vaccinated and purchased your tickets prior to 3.12pm Friday 03 December 2021, you are able to obtain a full refund. Patrons who are not fully vaccinated and purchased tickets after this time are not entitled to a refund, however, they can request a transfer voucher be issued, equal to the monetary value of their original purchase. All transfer vouchers issued are valid for 12 months and can be used for any show at The Sit Down Comedy Club at The Paddo Tavern.
31. All refund requests should be put in writing and directed to email@example.com and wherever possible please contact us regarding this at least 48 hours prior to your event.
WARNING: SOME PERFORMANCE CONCEPTS AND LANGUAGE MAY OFFEND